All you need to know about Microneedling
- Sep 04, 2018
- Kris Chudzio
- 3 Comment(s)
Microneedling is a beauty trend which is adopted by the celebrities and many individuals who want a flawless skin. The procedure creates the tiny punctures in the skin which seem daunting but it is very safe and highly effective.
WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
Microneedling also termed as Collagen induction therapy is a minimally invasive skin care procedure. It is a type of procedure which involves the use of needles and results in puncturing of various minute holes within the skin. It is one of the newest trends in the skin care industry but it has been evolving for 50 years.
According to the experience of people, they claim that it aids in treating the hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and improves the dull skin problems such as stretch marks, scars or cellulite. A study was conducted in 2009, which involved 37 patients who chose to treat their atrophic facial scars with microneedling. People review that 80% of their scars were gone and it was rated as an excellent treatment.
BENEFITS OF MICRONEEDLE TREATMENT
The microneedling is an appealing procedure which can reverse your aging process. It helps in the reduction of wrinkles, fine lines or crow feet’s over your skin and forehead. It is a perfect procedure for reduction of visible scars or atrophic facial scars which occur after chicken pox. This procedure aids in reversing the skin pigmentation and UV damage. According to the study conducted in 2015 which was published in the International Journal of Dermatology, the microneedling helps in the improvement of aging skin by skin tightening, rejuvenating and reducing the wrinkle formation.
It also targets the areas which are highly pigmented with uneven skin tone. It aids in repairing the age spots and large pores and sometimes is used for treating the stretch marks.
Microneedling allows your skin products to work efficiently. It can be performed all over the body to reduce the acne scars or the stretch marks. Micro-needling also benefits hair loss conditions such as Alopecia.
IS MICRONEEDLING SAFE?
It is one of the minimally invasive procedure. It is perfectly safe for people who are healthy without any medical history. However, the procedure is not safe for people who are pregnant or suffering from acne. You might experience minor irritation or redness after the micro needling procedure.
The cons of this procedure include the following:
- Skin infections
- Allergic reactions
- Peeling of skin
However, it’s highly important to disinfect the derma rollers before using them for micro needling.
TYPES OF DEVICES USED AND PROS & CONS:
It is similar to the paint roller but of the miniature size. It has many tiny needles on its surface which are rolled in different directions over the skin surface. Derma rollers are usually used at home, they have the needles with the width of 0.3mm or lesser than that. Derma rollers also puncture the skin but they allow extra absorption of material within the skin.
Dermarolling produces the best results for reduction of scars or wrinkles. However, it does result in some side effects which include the redness of the skin, loss of moisturizer, tighter or tender skin, infection or itchiness. The derma roller can sometimes result in the formation of pustules, swelling or bruising.
It is a tool used for microneedling. It has tiny needles over its end which pricks holes in the topmost layer of the skin and stimulates the production of collagen.
It is perfect for treating the stretch marks, acne scars, hyperpigmentation and keloid scars. It also helps in rejuvenating the skin. It aids in skin tightening and improves the fine lines and wrinkles over the skin.
Derma pen has few side effects which includes the following:
You cannot use it with injectable fillers or neuromodulators as it might result in inflammation or maldistribution of toxins. Avoid derma pen in people who are diabetics, immunosuppressed or pregnant. Avoid the use of derma pens on moles.
Derma stamp is the handy tool which is highly reliable and effective for women. It is similar to the derma roller and is a miniature in size. It involves the upper layer of skin and stimulates the collagen production with increased blood supply. It works in a similar manner by rolling in different directions.
Derma stamp is a perfect choice for people who want the perfect skin toning. Derma stamping leaves your skin clean without resulting in painful after-effects.
It might result in infections or skin irritation.
GENERAL COMPARISON IN TERMS OF EFFECTIVENESS TO OTHER BEAUTY TREATMENTS LIKE LASER, CHEMICAL PEELING, AND DERMABRASSION:
The laser treatments are non-ablative procedures which resurface the layers of the skin. It results in heat which helps in the resurfacing of epithelium and healing process begins. However, micro needling makes use of needles rather than the heat and resurfaces the skin without causing damage to the remaining surrounding tissues. The micro needling results in the formation of tiny channels which are then healed.
Other than the lasers, dermabrasion and chemical peeling are ablative treatments which resurface the top layer of skin. Lasers are highly effective but chemical peeling or dermabrasions are only effective for treating the superficial imperfections, they do not treat the deeper imperfections.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FREQUENCY OF TREATMENTS:
- Needles 0.25 mm – the treatment can be repeated after every two days
- Needles 0.50 mm – no more than 1 a week
- Needles 1.00 mm – no more than every 2-3 weeks
- Needles longer than 1 mm – for every 6 – 8 weeks
Treatment should last for 5 - 10 minutes depending on the use of the device and the length of the needles.
IS IT PAINFUL?
The procedure depends on the size of the needles. The longer the needles the more they are painful.
If it is too painful you can use:
- Ice cubes bags which should be applied on the skin just before micro needling or during the procedure. However, ice bags should be disinfected before.
- You can use a numbing cream but apply it 30 minutes before the treatment. Remove the excess cream, wash and disinfect the skin.
Use of cosmetics before, during and after the treatment:
Use of the cosmetics depends on the length of the needles. It is advised to use cosmetics which are specifically formulated for this type of treatment ( Mesotherapy Serum ). Please refer to the instructions provided by the manufacturer of the cosmetics.
The essential ingredients for the cosmetics used during the treatment should do the following:
- stimulate blood circulation
- stimulate cell regeneration
- strengthen immunology of the skin
- nourish skin with vitamins and skin proteins
HOW TO CARE FOR THE SKIN AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
It is advised to keep yourself hydrated after the micro needling procedure. Apply formulas which are rich in moisturizers including the ceramides, hyaluronic acid, and hydrating H2O sprays as soon as you are done with the procedure. It is advised to avoid abrasive and harsh products such as alcohol-based toners or exfoliators till the time your skin has completely healed. Apply the gentle cleansers over your skin after the microneedling procedure.
According to the experts, you can stimulate and regenerate the formation of new skin cells by applying the collagen-stimulating peptide. Apply the anti-oxidant serum which soothes your skin and prevents it from irritation.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT AFTER ?
- If needles are longer than 1 mm you can expect to bleed in the points where needles had contact with skin.
- Bleeding is temporary and will disappear after a couple of minutes.
- The treated area might be slightly swollen, reddened and the skin might feel tight. These symptoms usually disappear after 1- 2 days.
- People with acne initially observe worsening of acne after a couple of treatments.
- Sometimes people observe skin peeling but you should not remove the peeled skin.
- Results of micro needling are visible after 6 months of regular treatment and improve further when micro needling is repeated.
WHAT TO AVOID ?
- Avoid going to the sauna or gym for around 24 hours after your treatment is completed because your skin needs time for healing. Avoid activities which result in sweating and can cause inflammation. Keep yourself away from UV exposure as it might trigger irritation after the micro needling procedure.
- Avoid going for swimming at least for 72 hours.
- Avoid applying skin toner after the microneedling procedure or irritant skin products which contain glycolic acid, TCA or salicylic acid. Avoid using products which have toxic ingredients i.e. hydroquinone.
- Avoid treatments which are abrasive in nature such as lasers, chemical peeling or microdermabrasion. Last but not the least avoid using facial scrubs on the skin after the micro needling procedure.
WHO SHOULD AVOID MICRONEEDLING?
According to the experts, people who have inflammation or irritation on their skin should avoid the use of microneedling. You should also avoid this procedure if you are suffering from eczema or rosacea.
The most critical factor for microneedling is to avoid it on the skin whith active acne. It is because the use of micro needling on such skin results in infection. Microneedling should also be avoided on the blemished areas as well as on pimples.
You are not an ideal candidate for this procedure if you are pregnant, or you are about to undergo radiation therapy, you have open wounds or you have a medical history of skin scars.
- Sep 04, 2018
- By Kris Chudzio
- 3 Comment(s)
Flawless skin that shines with perfection does not come without effort. At some point in our lives, we all tend...
http://slkjfdf.net/ – Uminorid Afuqoxa rgs.ybjk.ultrasonicbeauty.com.ibv.fc http://slkjfdf.net/
http://slkjfdf.net/ – Aiwuqo Uxowis sbq.pjyw.ultrasonicbeauty.com.rsi.iz http://slkjfdf.net/
Kann ich nach dem Gebrauch des Dernarollers eine Ultraschallbehandlung machen?